Protect your crop and support a good cause
At Cargill, we care about the communities where we live and work, and giving back to those communities matters to us. We've recenlty launched a program that lets your crop protection purchases work for the community and your crop.
Through the support of our manufacturer partners, the Cargill Community Giving Program allows growers who purchase select crop protection products* from participating Cargill locations to vote for the chance to give a substantial donation to an organization in your community.
Eligible purchases will earn growers the opportunity to vote for one of several local community organizations and charities. Your vote could result in a donation of up to $19,000!
How the program works
- Purchase at least 160 acres of qualifying* crop protection products through participating Cargill retails from a list of popular herbicide prodcuts.
- After purchasing 160 acres, you can cast one vote for every 80 acres worth of qualifying products you purchase from the full list of eligible products. Qualifying purchases from December 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019 are eligible to earn you votes.
- Tell your Cargill representative which community organization you are voting for from our list and we will record it with your purchase order.
- The community organization with the highest number of votes for each manufacturer pool for the area and winning location, based on invoiced purchases as of July 31, 2019, will be awarded the prize donation. Final votes will be counted and winning community organizations will be declared no later than August 15, 2019.
- There are up to three prizes that could be awarded in each area, with a set amount of funding from each manufacturer, so make your purchases count! Don't forget to vote when you place your order!
Participating retail locations
|Red River Valley||Manitoba West||
Manitoba Parkland & East Sasktatchewan
*Products purchased in any one transaction must be sufficient to make up a full 80 acres to be included in the voting.
To find out more about the program and see which local community organizations are participating, visit your local Cargill crop inputs retail location or contact your Cargill rep today.
See full Program Rules and Regulations here: Download